Advisory Board Member Profile
Vice President, Engineering
Area of Expertise:
Your Customers - Their Journey, Empathy & Storytelling, Prototyping, Testing & Iteration
I was born September 14, 1965. In a small North Carolina town called La Grange. My father was a farmer and mother worked in a small blue jean factory. I learned to work on the farm at a very young age and continued to work for my father until I left for college in 1983. Through my experiences on the farm I have a good understanding of gardening and the ability to complete minor repairs on houses or buildings. I attended North Carolina State University where I majored in Economics and Saint Augustine’s College majoring in Organizational Management. I also have my M.B.A. with a concentration in International Studies from Mercer University.
• I began my UPS career on December 9, 1987 as a C.O.D. clerk in Raleigh, NC.
• 1996 – Promoted to the Chapel Hill Business manager.
• 1999 – Transferred to Orange County, California as the Package Industrial Engineering Section Manager for the South California District.
• 2000 – Promoted to the Pacific Region Operational Excellence Manager.
• 2001 – 2005 Director of Engineering in North New England and Georgia.
• 2005 – Georgia District Operations Manager.
• 2006 – I accepted the assignment of Corporate Package Industrial Engineering Manager.
• 2008 – 2015 Director of Engineering South California District.
• 2016 – Vice President of Engineering for the West Region.
• 2019 – Vice President of Package Operations for the West Region.
I have been married for 30 years to a wonderful woman. My wife’s name is Fredia. We have three great kids Sharri 44, Derrick 29 and Erika 27. We love spending time together as a family either doing sport activities together or just hanging out. Sharri is a graduate of North Carolina State University. Derrick is a graduate of Georgia State University and Erika is a graduate of the University of Alabama, where she played basketball. Fredia and I both love playing recreational tennis.